Saturday, October 12, 2013

Time to Calm Down

It's pieces like this that annoy me into defending the pope.  It's not because I think the pope needs my help; it's because this stuff frustrates me to an extreme degree (and that is my own fault).

In the course of reading this particular phonebook of a post, I went through a bizarre emotional process which started with me keeping track of every single flaw in the presentation, peaked at an intense desire to author a reply with the full force of my mind grapes, only to come crashing down into a what's-the-point kind of apathy.

I need to stop letting people do this to me.
Maybe I should give it a rest.  I'm considering limiting all the Pope Francis related literature I read to only what he himself has said or written.  It will probably do wonders for my soul and my inner calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment