Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Temporary

As my time in Wetumpka comes to a close, I have come to the point that I want a more permanent assignment!  Two months has not been long enough, nor was it enough last summer in Enterprise.  I can't wait to be a priest and be assigned somewhere for a longer period of time.

It goes without saying that I will be ready to move wherever and whenever the archbishop decides, but I don't foresee him moving me about from place to place every couple of months.  I feel like I've only just started.  I know that I still have formation to go through, but I'm itching for some more stable ministry.

So, to the folks at Our Lady of Guadalupe, when I say to you over the next few days that I'll miss you and I'll miss being here (as I also miss the people in Enterprise), know that I really mean it.  I've only just begun to get to know you.  I want to do more!  I want to stay longer!

Oh well.  I guess I'll just have to suck it up and endure another year in Rome...


This photo has nothing to do with what is written above:

Making sure the foundations of Orvieto are up to code...
in a Hawaiian shirt.

1 comment:

  1. check out this amazing song:


    No Greater Love
    This song was inspired by all the priests who have touched our lives, showing us no greater love.

    *****

    Why does he have to go?
    When he has made a home
    Right here in our hearts

    A father he has been to us
    He’s won our love, He’s gained our trust
    We fear to be apart

    But what if Jesus stayed in just one town
    Think of all the lost who would never have been found
    Never have been found

    No greater love has a man
    Than to lay his life down for his friends
    As a living sacrifice
    The embodiment of Christ
    No greater love have we now
    Than to let him go, and hold him out
    For the gift he’s been to us
    We offer back to God above
    No greater love

    Father, if it be Your will
    This cup could pass by still
    But we surrender all to You

    Unless a seed falls down and dies
    There could never be new life
    But the seed that falls will bear much fruit

    What if Jesus stayed in just one town
    Think of all the lost who would never have been found
    never have been found

    As we drink this bitter cup
    God will lift us up
    For those who die with Christ
    Will be raised to new life

    *****

    You can listen to it at
    http://jennyklement.com/music2/

    ReplyDelete